Have you ever wanted to start a sustainable online business? Now you can, no experience necessary!
Here are five sustainable online business ideas along with special offers, tips and resources to get you started.
1. Start an Eco-Friendly Website
Starting a sustainable online business has never been easier!
You can start an eco-friendly website from your computer today using GreenGeeks!
GreenGeeks uses renewable energy credits to power your website and they plant a tree for every customer that signs up.
They have dedicated support specialists that will build your website for free and offer 24/7 support.
GreenGeeks is offering a special discount that you can access below.
Special Offer - Historically Low Prices!
GreenGeeks is offering their lowest prices ever for 12 month terms on select Ecosite packages. But these low prices won't last forever, take advantage today!
How to Make Money From Your Website
Once you have your website up and running you can start making money!
For instance, you can make money dropshipping or blogging.
2. Sell Items Online
This is one of the oldest business models in the book. Businesses that sell items online don't require a physical location. As a result, they often have lower fixed costs and smaller carbon footprints than traditional businesses.
- The Complete Shopify Course - Highest Selling Course with Over 64,000 people enrolled
- Work From Home Amazon MasterPlan - Over 77,000 people enrolled
3. Create an Online Course
Do you have something to teach the world? It could be something related to your career or perhaps a hobby that you are passionate about. Millions of people use online courses to learn at their own pace. With the resources available today, anyone can think of an idea, create a course and start selling it online!
Where to Sell Courses Online
Offering an online course via a platform such as Udemy or Skillshare is a great sustainable business option. You have access to millions of users and you can create your course from the comfort of your home without worrying about physical products or transportation.
How to Get Started Selling Online Courses
First, analyze your strengths and interests to determine what type of course you could sell.
Remember, it doesn’t have to be a course on a serious topic. It could be about anything! There are tons of courses on Udemy related to gardening, health and wellness, fitness, music, gaming, cooking and more.
Second, use the resources below to learn how to create a profitable online course.
4. Upcycle or Flip Items
Do you have items in your home that aren’t used anymore? You could potentially turn those unused items into cash! Lots of people start businesses by flipping household items or by buying items and selling them online for a profit.
Where to Upcycle or Flip Items
How to Get Started Upcycling or Flipping Items
First, take inventory of your circumstance.
- For example, do you have a lot of items in your home that you could sell?
- Are you crafty and creative such that you could buy used items and improve them?
- Or, do you know about quality and market demand such that you can buy and sell items for a profit.
Use the resources below to help you get started.
Selling used items is a classic sustainable business strategy. Lots of entrepreneurs improve items and sell them. Others use arbitrage to sell the same items in a different marketplace with better demand. Both are viable business options that provide value and eliminate the need for producing new items from scratch.
5. Publish E-Books
Another way to share information or stories in a sustainable manner is to publish E-Books.
If you have expertise on a particular skillset or hobby, then you could potentially publish non-fiction E-Books to teach others.
However, if you enjoy creating stories or writing novels then you could publish fiction books for readers to enjoy.
Fortunately, E-Books don't have to be hundreds of pages or take years to write. Lots of people have successfully sold short E-Books that they wrote in a matter of days.
Where to Sell E-Books Online
How to Get Started Publishing E-Books
First, research what it takes to publish an E-Book. It is best to learn from people who have done it before so you know what to expect.
For example, the author of the course below has a system for writing a quality E-Book in just 72 hours! Over 25,000 people have taken this course!
Second, decide which niche you want to focus on.
Perhaps you are a subject matter expert in one industry or another.
You might have expertise on something related to a job or a hobby. You could teach people by sharing knowledge or you could write about your thoughts and opinions.
Then get started! Follow the steps laid out in a course or a guide like the bestseller listed below.
Pick one of these idea, give it a try and keep working at it!
You can have a sustainable online business in no time!
- Working from Home Sustainability Tips - Read all about the sustainability benefits of working from home. Here is how you can reduce your carbon footprint right from the comfort of your own home!
- Green E-Commerce: Two simple steps any e-commerce business owner can take to go green.
- 13 of the Best Eco-Friendly Dog Toys - Calling all dog lovers! Are you looking for eco-friendly dog toys for your best friend? Here are the best options available - all just one click away online!
- 5 Tips to Help Keep the Environment Clean - 5 easy steps anyone can take to help the environment.
- How to Write an Environmental Policy for Your Business in Less than 20 Minutes - Over 1,000 organizations have used this easy step by step guide.