Having a formal environmental policy is important for all eco-friendly businesses.
A well-organized and thoughtful environmental policy lets your customers and stakeholders know that you are serious about limiting your impact on the environment and helping society. It also demonstrates your commitment to corporate social responsibility.
Small businesses can benefit immensely from a well-written environmental policy. The good news is that you do not have to pay expensive fees or hire a consultant to write your environmental policy.
You can have a professional, robust, and internationally compliant environmental policy in less than 20 minutes by using this guide!
How to Write an Environmental Policy in 20 Minutes
Leverage these straightforward, easy-to-use environmental policy templates.
Readers can copy, paste and refine these templates to produce an internationally compliant and robust environmental policy. It comes with a step-by-step guide. It also includes tips and techniques to avoid common pitfalls.
In 20 minutes, you can have an environmental policy to proudly share with customers and staff.
These templates and guide were written by a sustainability expert and consultant and have been used by a wide array of businesses.
Join the thousands of organizations that have saved time and money using this guide!
Over 1,000 organizations have used this guide! Most customers come from the following countries.
“For us it has been a journey. It started with this guide and we have gradually built strong environmental credentials. Today our customers comment on our green policies and I know we win business because of it.
Happy to recommend you guys”
Milla Basmakova-Nielsen, Oxbridge International
Ready to try it for yourself?
Write an environmental policy in 20 minutes and start winning business!
Preview: Take a Sneak Peak at What is Inside!
Environmental Policy Template Examples:
First Two Steps
A good environmental policy needs to include 8 core ingredients, as seen adjacent.
It should follow a coherent structure set within a relevant and actionable vision for your company’s journey towards improved environmental performance.
To demonstrate how easy the environmental policy templates are to use and how much time it will save you, we have provided examples for the first two steps.
Step 1 – Relevance
Step one in creating a good environmental policy is to state who you are and what you do. It sounds obvious, but you will be surprised at how many companies do not mention who they are or what line of business they are in. The result is a very generic policy that procurement bodies can see directly through. Remember, the more relevant you make your policy the more impact it will have in your organization.
Template example 1:
Template example 2:
Step 2 – Overall Environmental Objective
Step two is to state your main commitment or environmental objective. It is important to acknowledge that your company’s activities have an impact on the environment and how that impact will be reduced.
Template example 1:
Template example 2:
What else is included …
- Full details on all eight steps and how they piece together to help create an environmental policy that your organization can be proud of
- 25 going green actions that you can select and include in your environmental policy
- Reasons why the environmental policy template adjacent is poor and how you can avoid common pitfalls
- An example of a good environmental policy template which illustrates all the key features of a winning policy
- Language do’s and don’ts that can help your policy impress customers and resonate with staff
- Top 5 ways to get the most out of marketing your green credentials
Try It Now!
In 20 minutes you can have an environmental policy to share with your colleagues and customers.
Once payment has been made you will be immediately directed to a page where you can download the template and guide in pdf format.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have any particular expertise to use the guide and write our environmental policy?
No, these environmental policy templates are easy to use and understand. The guide has been used by business owners, office managers, general staff, secretaries, and interns to help write great environmental policies.
Are the environmental policy templates in the guide applicable to any type of business?
Yes, the templates are sufficiently broad enough to be applied to any type of business or organization. The guide has been effectively used by a wide array of businesses including office-based organizations, manufacturing firms, plumbers, hotels, restaurants, and retail outlets.
Are the environmental policy templates country specific?
No, the principles used in the guide are universal.
I'm in a rush, how long will it take for me to use the templates and create a good policy?
Most people are able to use these templates to create a great environmental policy within 20 minutes.
We need an environmental policy for a piece of work we are pitching for, will this guide give us what we need?
Yes, attaching an environmental policy to a proposal/tender response is a common requirement. Not only will this guide help create a great environmental policy quickly, but any savvy procurement officer will see that your policy is genuine and robust - this might get you more points on your proposal review.
About the Author
These templates and guide were written by Mark Whitman. Mark is a sustainability expert and consultant who has worked with major companies such as Microsoft, BP, Westpac, Visa, and Aegis Group.
He has also worked with over 200 small to medium sized businesses. Mark holds a first class bachelor's degree in economics and environmental science and a masters degree from Cambridge University.
- 5 Easy Tips to Help Keep the Environment Clean - Are you doing your part?
- 25 Go Green Ideas for the Office that Every Company Should Use - 25 awesome ideas your office can implement today!
- The Environmental Impact of Styrofoam Cups - Do you know how Styrofoam impacts our planet? There is one big surprise you might not have thought of.
- 15 Corporate Social Responsibility Examples - Which companies are upholding their commitment to the planet as well as their customers? Find out here!
- The Environmental Impact of Coffee Production - Find out what your cup of coffee is costing the planet and learn how to be an environmentally conscious coffee drinker!
- The Best Biodegradable Sunscreen: 7 Brands You Need to Know - Stay safe from the suns harmful rays and protect coral reefs!