Whether you have one machine or an entire plant, you can sell used industrial equipment for cash.
The key is finding the right buyer and the best price.
Here are 5 places where you can sell used industrial equipment today.
5 Places to Sell Used Industrial Equipment
1. Industrial Equipment Dealers
Selling to a dealer is often the fastest and easiest way to sell used industrial equipment.
Industrial Equipment Dealers are companies that specialize in selling used and new industrial equipment. They have years of experience and know how to value equipment to obtain the best price. Additionally, they have large networks that can reach the best buyers.
Here is a list of Industrial Equipment Dealers that we reviewed and rated.
Multiple Selling Options and Easy to Use
Free Guide and A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau
Trade-ins and Appraisals
Aaron Equipment Company
Experienced and Dedicated Support Staff
Aaron has been in business since 1935 and is dedicated to buying and selling process equipment. They have a sales and support staff of over 50 people.
4 Selling Options
Aaron offers 4 options for selling equipment.
- Direct Purchase - Aaron can buy your used equipment directly
- Consignment - Aaron can list your used equipment, sell it and split the profit
- Listing - Aaron can assign a listing agent to work with you and list your used equipment on their website as if it was their own inventory
- Auction - Aaron has their own online auction site where they can list your equipment
Free Guide on How to Sell Used Industrial Equipment
This is a 3rd generation family-owned used machinery dealer with over 50 years of experience. They have one of the largest used machinery inventories in the world and are always looking to buy more.
They often buy used equipment from individuals. For this reason, Kempler offers a free guide on how to sell used industrial equipment.
Additionally, their website offers multiple selling options. They even have a dedicated buying department with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
3 Selling Options
- Direct Purchase - Sell your used equipment directly to Kempler. They buy fabricating equipment, metalworking machinery, machine tools and more.
- Consignment - Or, Kempler can find a buyer for your used equipment by using strategic search engine optimization and pay-per click advertising techniques.
- Auction/Liquidation - Lastly, Kempler can auction your used equipment through their equipment auctioneering division. They have an extensive customer base of buyers all over the world. They can set up an on-site auction or an online webcast depending on your needs.
MachinesUsed offers professional appraisal services for all sorts of industrial machinery. They have professional appraisers on staff that can provide a reliable valuation for your equipment.
3 Selling Options
- Direct Purchase - Similar to other dealers, MachinesUsed can purchase your equipment directly.
- Online Auctions - Or they can auction your used equipment online in a single auction if there are enough items. Alternatively, they can add your equipment to one of their monthly Multi-Shop auctions.
- Consignment - MachinesUsed will take care of advertising, marketing and selling the equipment.
Trade-In for a New or Used Machine
Furthermore, MachinesUsed offers a unique alternative where owners can trade in their used equipment for a new or used piece of machinery.
Learn more by watching their company video.
2. Craigslist Heavy Equipment Section
Another option for selling used industrial equipment is to leverage Craigslist.
Craigslist is the number one classified advertising site in the world and has a specific section for “heavy equipment” where people sell used industrial equipment.
Just go to Craigslist.com, click on your local area and click "Create a Posting". It's that easy!
If you haven't sold on Craigslist before and don't know where to start, then taking a highly rated course like the one below might be a good first step. Over 1,000 people have taken this course and it caters towards beginners!
3. Ebay Business & Industrial Section
You could also leverage Ebay for selling used industrial equipment. Ebay has a “Business & Industrial” section where people sell different types of new and used industrial equipment.
Listing items on Ebay is completely free. You can list up to 50 items per month without any fees.
Ebay's website has a section that explains how to get started selling.
However, if you are looking for a more in-depth, step-by-step tutorial then the Udemy course below could be a good option.
This course is a best seller with a lot of positive ratings. Almost 10,000 people have taken it!
4. Locally on Facebook Marketplace
Facebook also offers an opportunity to sell used industrial equipment.
Facebook created Facebook Marketplace to make it easy for people to buy and sell items in their local area.
More than 800 million people use Facebook Marketplace making it a convenient way to reach buyers.
Fortunately, listing items for sale on Facebook Marketplace is quick, straightforward and free. This article from Business Insider explains how to list items in four easy steps.
5. Public Facebook Groups
You could also join a public Facebook group dedicated to buying and selling used equipment.
For instance, the group below is dedicated to selling any type of industrial equipment.
There are lots of Facebook groups dedicated to selling different types of equipment.
For example, we found the group below that specializes in buying and selling restaurant equipment by searching on google.
Try googling “Facebook used ______ equipment”. Insert the type of equipment you are trying to sell and a there is a good chance a group will come up!
If you would like to learn tips and tricks for selling on Facebook Marketplace and in Facebook Groups then try the online course below.
The author can teach you how to make a sale within 24 hours on some Facebook Groups!
Where do you go to sell used industrial equipment? Comment below to help the community!
- 4 Sustainable Online Businesses You Can Start Today - Have you ever wanted to start an eco-friendly online business? Here are 4 businesses you can start today on your laptop.
- 13 of the Best Eco-Friendly Dog Toys - Calling all dog lovers! Are you looking for eco-friendly dog toys for your best friend? Here are the best options available - all just one click away online!
- 5 Easy Tips to Help Keep the Environment Clean - Doing your part to help the environment doesn't have to be hard! Here are 5 easy steps that anyone can take to help keep the environment clean.
- 15 Examples of Corporate Social Responsibility - Find out what the best companies are doing to uphold their responsibility to society and the planet.
- How to Write an Environmental Policy in 20 Minutes - Over 1,000 organizations have used this easy step by step guide.