Here are our picks for the 7 best portable solar panels for RV use.
Best Sellers - Most Popular Portable Solar Panels for RV Use
Brands purchased the most by our readers.
How to Choose the Best Portable Solar Panels for RV Use | 3 Things to Consider
Consider the weight of the panels you purchase and how much you can comfortably lift and carry around.
Additionally, you might want to adjust their position to follow the sun or get them out of the shade. All that lifting might strain your back or become cumbersome. A lightweight option might make life easier and be best in the long run.
Most portable solar panels for RV use weigh anywhere from 4lbs - 15lbs.
Similarly, you will have to store your panels when you aren't using them. Foldable panels are best for people with limited space.
Finally, decide how many watts you need to power your devices and appliances. Will you use these panels to power your entire RV or just your small devices such as your laptop, tablet, or phone?
Portable panels for RV use typically range anywhere from 100W to 400W.
If powering an entire RV, it is best to go for panels with more than 100 watts. However, keep in mind that panels with more watts are heavier.
Our readers have also had success with portable power stations to power an entire RV. Additionally, a 100W panel with USB plugs can charge your phone or tablet directly without any additional clips or accessories.
Our Picks for the Best Portable Solar Panels for RV Use
1. Jackery 100W Portable Solar Panel
Jackery is a great portable solar panel; our readers love it! Jackery is one of the biggest players in the portable power industry.
This panel has tons of positive reviews and only weighs 5.5lbs! Plus, it folds down for easy storage.
2. Rockpals 100W Portable Solar Panel
Rockpals is another top-seller and has the most diverse connectors.
You can plug this panel into practically anything and get incredible results!
3. EcoFlow 160W Portable Solar Panel
The biggest complaint we hear from our readers is that most portable solar panels are flimsy and fall down when the wind blows. Not this solar panel!
The EcoFlow 160W foldable solar panel is designed to stand up to strong winds. It is completely waterproof and will generate the most power!
In order to get the best outcome, our readers recommend buying a combo pack with a EcoFlow portable power station. The below can power a full-size fridge, coffee maker, air conditioner, and more!
4. TopSolar 100W Portable Solar Panel
TopSolar is the best budget-friendly panel on our list. However, that doesn't mean it is poor quality!
Lastly, it folds down to fit in a backpack and generates great power during the day!
5. Renogy 100W Portable Solar Panel Kit
The kit includes a 100W solar suitcase, a 20A waterproof charge controller, and alligator clips. It is compatible with multiple kinds of 12V batteries so you can easily add it to your existing system.
Our readers love this product for camping and have peace of mind knowing it is compatible with almost every battery and system.
6. Bluetti 120W Portable Solar Panel
The Bluetti 120W solar panel offers extra power and is perfect for RV life! It has the highest efficiency rating and four adjustable kickstands so you can tilt it towards the sun.
Bluetti is a great brand with sleek and reliable products! Check out the reviews!
7. Goal Zero 100W Portable Solar Panel
Finally, Goal Zero is a leader in clean energy that creates great products.
Thier 100W portable solar panel folds down to a convenient briefcase and has built in kickstands for extra stability. For best results, they recommend using this panel with a Goal Zero portable power station.
We like Goal Zero because the company goes above and beyond with their sustainability practices. They use 100% renewable energy at their corporate headquarters and warehouse, and they offset 100% of carbon emissions from their shipping. Incredible!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between monocrystalline vs. polycrystalline panels?
Monocrystalline panels are more efficient than polycrystalline.
2. Are portable solar panels worth it?
Yes, the freedom to place them wherever you want in order to follow the sun is worth it. Additionally, you don't have to install them which saves time and money. Lastly, they are often lightweight and easy to store.
3. Do solar panels produce power when the sun isn't shining?
Yes, solar panels still produce power on cloudy days. Just not as much as sunny days. It is best to have solar panels in direct sunlight for optimal results.
- Bluetti vs EcoFlow | Best Portable Power Station - Are you looking for the best portable power station for camping or emergencies? We compared Bluetti vs EcoFlow to see which is the best; the winner was clear.
- 13 of the Best Ecofriendly Dog Toys - These toys are made with natural and biodegradable materials and will keep your dog entertained for hours!
- The Best Ecofriendly and Biodegradable Golf Balls - Enjoy a round of golf and reduce your carbon footprint! These ecofriendly and biodegradable golf balls are the best on the market!
- The Best Biodegradable Sunscreen - Most sunscreens contain harmful chemicals that damage our coral reefs. Check out the best biodegradable sunscreen to protect your skin and help the planet!
- Working From Home Sustainability Tips - Remote work is the way of the future, and it can help the environment! Here are 5 EASY ways to go green!