Portable 100W solar panels are must-haves for camping, RVing, vanlife, and emergencies. The best portable solar panels have enough capacity to power your devices and are easy to transport. So how do you choose the right one?
Here is everything you need to know about portable 100W solar panels and our picks for the best brands!
Best Sellers - Most Popular Portable 100W Solar Panels
Brands purchased the most by our readers.
How to Choose the Best Portable 100W Solar Panels
1. Lightweight, Foldable Panels Are Best for Campers and Overlanders
Campers and overlanders favor lightweight, foldable panels that can power their devices on the go.
Jackery is a fan favorite and has positive reviews.
2. Single Panels Are Best for Off-grid, RVs, and Vanlife
Alternatively, those living off-grid or in an RV/van often prefer simple single panels that can hook up to an existing system.
However, people looking for maximum power prefer EcoFlow because their panels can power an entire house or RV when hooked up to the EcoFlow solar generator. EcoFlow is larger and heavier, but has the most power.
Our Picks for the Best Portable 100W Solar Panels
1. Jackery Portable 100W Solar Panel - Best Seller and Most Trusted Brand
Jackery is the best-selling portable 100W solar panel; our readers love it! They are one of the biggest players in the portable power industry.
The panel has tons of positive reviews and is generally best for camping trips and back up emergency power.
Our readers recommend using it with the Jackery Explorer 240 power station to get the best results.
However, the solar panel can power small devices such as a phone or tablet directly! So, the power station is not required, but it is definitely recommended!
2. TopSolar 100W Solar Panel - Smallest and Most Portable
TopSolar is by far the smallest and most portable option. It only weighs 5.1lbs and folds down to the size of a small laptop case. Perfect for camping!
We love that it can power small devices directly or hook up to a power station or battery.
3. Twelseavan 100W Portable Solar Panel - Most USB Ports
Twelvseavan has the most direct ports to charge your devices right from the panel! The 4 USB ports set it apart from the competition and offer the most convenience.
At 8.4lbs, this product is a bit heavier but can still fold down and be used on the go.
Furthermore, it is compatible with most portable power stations so you can use it with existing equipment.
4. Newpowa 100W Solar Panel - Best Budget-Friendly Option
This is an excellent low-cost option for people on a budget. It is a no-frills 100W portable solar panel. It is highly rated and budget friendly.
Great for RV, boats and living off-grid. It can also go on the rooftop of your cabin or house.
5. Renogy 100W Solar Panel - Most Efficient
Renogy offers a highly efficient and durable single 100W panel at a great price. This panel can be used for RVs, boats, and other off-grid applications.
Most of our readers install Renogy panels on the roof of their home or RV/van and get great results for the price.
6. Dokio 100W Solar Panel Kit - Extra-Long Cables
Dokio was founded in 2007 and continues to produce great solar products.
At 9lbs, the Dokio 100W solar panel is foldable, has 2 USB outputs, and is compatible with most solar generators.
Our readers like the extra-long cables (9.84ft) and generally use this panel for camping and for protection during a storm or blackout.
7. EcoFlow 110W Solar Panel - Best for Maximum Power
EcoFlow packs an extra punch when it comes to power and capability. They are a fantastic brand and produce great products.
This panel is 110W, is waterproof, and has a kickstand so you can set it up anywhere!
The quality is fantastic! The only knock we have on this product is that it doesn't have a USB port to charge devices directly. However, people have good results when using it with a portable power station.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What can a 100W solar panel run?
A 100W solar panel can power small devices such as cell phones, tablets, laptops, small speakers, lamps, portable fans, etc.
2. Can a 100W solar panel run a TV?
Yes, if the TV is small enough. It is probably best to utilize a portable power station as well, so you have ample plugs.
3. Do solar panels produce power when the sun isn't shining?
Yes, solar panels still produce power on cloudy days. Just not as much as sunny days. It is best to have solar panels in direct sunlight for optimal results.
4. How do I install my 100W solar panel?
However, if you buy a single panel, it is best to choose one with pre-drilled holes, such as Renogy, for easy installation.
5. Which is the best 100W solar panel?
Based on feedback from our readers, the best 100W solar panel is Jackery SolarSaga 100W portable panel. However, each person must decide what is best for them based on their budget and use case.
- Bluetti vs EcoFlow | The Best Portable Power Station - We compared Bluetti vs EcoFlow to see which is the best portable power station. It was close, but there was one clear winner.
- The Best Biodegradable Sunscreen - Most sunscreens contain harmful chemicals that damage our coral reefs. Check out the best biodegradable sunscreen to protect your skin and help the planet!
- Working From Home Sustainability Tips - Remote work is the way of the future, and it can help the environment! Here are 5 EASY ways to go green!
- The Best Ecofriendly Golf Balls - Improve your golf game and help the environment with these ecofriendly golf balls! The top high-performance recyclable and biodegradable golf balls available!
- The Environmental Benefits of Car Sharing - Car sharing is convenient and can save you money. It also helps the environment! Learn all about the benefits of car sharing here!